I think I have experienced a hate crime or know someone who has experienced a hate crime

Reporting options


Tel.  101 (non-emergency); 999 (emergency)


Campus Security

The Security Control Room is located at the Kydd Building (main reception area)

Emergency phone number 01382-308222 or for internal calls ext 2222

Non- emergency phone number 01382-308008 or for internal calls ext 8008 24 Hour


Our Campus Security are always on hand and ready to help you however they are not a substitute for the Emergency Services. If an incident is ongoing or you are at risk or in danger, please call 999.


Report and Support

Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report Support (linked). You can choose to do this anonymously or you can leave your email address to seek further support from Student Services. If you choose to talk to an adviser at Student Services they will be able to guide you through the options and support available to you, in confidence.



Support for Students

Advisory Service

This University service offers support and advice on issues affecting your student life, with signposting and referral to more specialist services. If you're not sure where to go, this is a good place to start.



Counselling and Mental Health Service

Counselling Service and Mental Health support. The University’s team of professional counsellors and mental health advisors offers confidential support. You can contact the teams at counselling@abertay.ac.uk.


Abertay Student Association Advice

This is a confidential, impartial service where students can get advice and information on academic and personal issues, including advice on procedures and representation at hearings.



Support for staff

Your Line Manager.

If you feel comfortable doing so, you should report any incidents to your line manager. They will be able to discuss the support available and professional services you can access.


Local Human Resource Contacts.

If you are a member of staff, your HR partner will be able to identify the support that’s available for you.


Trade Unions.

There are two trade unions that represent staff at the University: Unison and UCU.


Support for all


Someone to listen 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can talk to the Samaritans about any thoughts or feelings you have, they won't tell you what to do.

Tel: 116 123 (Freephone)



Victim Support

If you have experienced a hate crime, you can contact Victim Support for free and confidential help. They can explain the options available to you and give you emotional support. The Supportline operates 24/7.

Tel: 0808 1689 111 (Freephone)


Press 'ESC' to exit or click this banner Press this banner to exit