I think I am/have been experiencing domestic abuse or know someone who has experienced domestic abuse

Reporting options


Tel.  101 (non-emergency); 999 (emergency)


Report and Support

Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report Support (linked). You can choose to do this anonymously or you can leave your email address to seek further support from Student Services. If you choose to talk to an adviser at Student Services they will be able to guide you through the options and support available to you, in confidence.

Tell Us website: https://tellus.abertay.ac.uk/



The Scottish Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline

A 24-hour helpline here to support anyone with experience of domestic abuse or forced marriage, as well as their family members, friends, colleagues and professionals who support them. They provide a confidential, sensitive service to anyone who calls.

Helpline number: 0800 027 1234

Scotland's domestic abuse and forced marriage helpline website: https://sdafmh.org.uk/


Men’s Advice Line

Support for men experiencing domestic abuse and violence.

Men's Advice Line website: http://www.mensadviceline.org.uk/


Advisory Service

This University service offers support and advice on issues affecting your student life, with signposting and referral to more specialist services. If you're not sure where to go, this is a good place to start.



Counselling and Mental Health Service

Counselling Service and Mental Health support. The University’s team of professional counsellors and mental health advisors offers confidential support. You can contact the teams at counselling@abertay.ac.uk.


Abertay Student Association Advice

This is a confidential, impartial service where students can get advice and information on academic and personal issues, including advice on procedures and representation at hearings.

Abertay Student Association website: https://www.abertaysa.com/



Someone to listen 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can talk to the Samaritans about any thoughts or feelings you have, they won't tell you what to do.

Tel: 116 123 (Freephone)

Samaritans website: https://www.samaritans.org/?nation=scotland


Victim Support

If you have experienced a hate crime, you can contact Victim Support for free and confidential help. They can explain the options available to you and give you emotional support. The Supportline operates 24/7.

Tel: 0808 1689 111 (Freephone)

Victim Support website: https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/

Press 'ESC' to exit or click this banner Press this banner to exit