I think I've been harassed or know someone who has been harassed

Reporting options


Call 999 (emergency) or 101 (non-emergency).


Campus Security

The Security Control Room is located at the Kydd Building (main reception area)

Emergency phone number 01382-308222 or for internal calls ext 2222

Non-emergency phone number 01382-308008 or for internal calls ext 8008 24 Hour


Our Campus Security are always on hand and ready to help you however they are not a substitute for the Emergency Services. If an incident is ongoing or you are at risk or in danger, please call 999.


Report and Support

Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report Support (linked). You can choose to do this anonymously or you can leave your email address to seek further support from Student Services. If you choose to talk to an adviser at Student Services they will be able to guide you through the options and support available to you, in confidence.



Support for students

Advisory Service

This University service offers support and advice on issues affecting your student life, with signposting and referral to more specialist services. If you're not sure where to go, this is a good place to start.



Counselling and Mental Health Service

Counselling Service and Mental Health support. The University’s team of professional counsellors and mental health advisors offers confidential support. You can contact the teams at counselling@abertay.ac.uk.


Abertay Student Association Advice

This is a confidential, impartial service where students can get advice and information on academic and personal issues, including advice on procedures and representation at hearings.



Support for staff members

Your Line Manager.

If you feel comfortable doing so, you should report any incidents to your line manager. They will be able to discuss the support available and professional services you can access.


Local Human Resource Contacts.

If you are a member of staff, your HR partner will be able to identify the support that’s available for you.


Trade Unions.

There are two trade unions that represent staff at the University: Unison and UCU.


Support for all

Victim Support

help anyone who has been the victim of a crime. They can support you coping with the after-effects of crime and help with reporting to the police.

Tel. 0808 1689 111 (Freephone)




Someone to listen 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can talk to the Samaritans about any thoughts or feelings you have, they won't tell you what to do.

Tel: 116 123 (Freephone)



Breathing Space Scotland

Provides telephone counselling. Open: Weekdays - Monday to Thursday 6pm to 2am; Weekend -Friday 6pm to Monday 6am. Their phone number is 0800 83 85 87.

Press 'ESC' to exit or click this banner Press this banner to exit